Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Will Possess Your Heart

I was just talking to Michael about how much i am getting into Death Cab for Cutie and his wife showed me another great song that i will undoubtedly be listening to over and over again (What Sarah Said). Having said that, this is the song that got me hooked on them. The reasons include: I like prominent drums, i like the piano being used to accent the song, i like songs that slowly build, i like the words, and i like his voice. Also, i just noticed that the girl in this video really really reminds me of my cousin Kirstie (including some of her facial expressions), which is another reason to like the video.

2 comments:

OhK-Booth said...

I like them. The "What Sarah Said" song is really good. It was well written and the video is intense.

Unknown said...

The reasons that I love "What Sarah Said" are
(1) the piano. o that heart-breaking melody! it's driving, but subtle all at the same time.
(2) the vivid imagery in the lyrics. "smells like piss and 409", "the tv entertains itself"...
(3) the theme. love confronted by death. this is no ordinary love song and it deals powerfully with a hard topic.

Michael and I re-talked about it, and we decided that you should also check out "Styrofoam Plates" from the Photo Album. Also a very heart breaking song.

But we're album people, not song people. So make a date with each album, lay on your living room floor and listen to the whole thing through.